Cheney Public Schools is proud to support the development of future school and district leaders through internship hours. If you are interested in pursuing an administrator credential and interning at Cheney Public Schools, please review the following information. We do have an approval process that is time sensitive, so please note all steps and deadlines.
In order to be considered to intern at Cheney Public Schools for the following school year, prospective interns must complete the following:
- Intern applicants must have evidence of 3 or more years of educator experience at proficient level and at least 1 year of experience in Cheney Public Schools
- Enrolled in an accredited administrator certification program through WA state
- Completed/on track to complete all required coursework to begin your internship
- Applied for AWSP intern grant (Opens in December)
- Completed the district Admin Intern Survey
- Met with the principal you'd like as your mentor to discuss your internship
- Qualified mentor principal has completed district intern approval form
- Attended district admin intern cohort meeting
- Completed a scope of intern learning, including an identified internship leadership project with principal mentor
- Signed Intern Confidentiality Agreement
All steps must be completed by March 15.
If you have any questions, please contact Kelly Niccolls, 509 559 4535 [email protected]